Running a small business can be quite a lot of work. You need to handle a great number of tasks, and the mission always remains the same – optimizing sales to increase profits across the board.
Considering that everyone is on the internet today, owning a website is one of the biggest, surefire ways to expand your small business.
According to research, 64% of small businesses already have websites. At the same time, 38% of small businesses use Do-It-Yourself (DIY) website builders. A further research report shows that website builders had a market size of $1.46 billion in 2019 alone.
Owning a website as a small business does a great deal for you and your prospects of growth. They help you to attract more customers, boosting your brand recognition and offering a place for people to go before deciding on making a purchase. Even if you have a physical location where people can come to, there’s a much higher chance that they will go to your website first to see what you have to offer them. And, when you consider the number of people who would need your goods or services and aren’t in your vicinity, you’ll find that having an easily accessible website for them to check out will be invaluable.
So, if you’re looking to become a bigger brand, having a website for you
Fortunately for you, there are several website builder tools that help to make it easier for you to carve out a niche on the internet for yourself. In the internet’s early days of accessibility, you would have needed a professional to help you build a website. However, the best website builder for small business today can easily help you to get this done on your own – no coding required.
Below, we’ll look into the top options for any business owner looking to get the best website builder. These options will be examined based on their features and pricing, as well as what you can expect to get from them.
- Best Overall Website Builder For Small Businesses: Wix
- Best Website Builder For Premium Features: Squarespace
- Best Website Builder For Speed: GoDaddy
- Best Website Builder For Limited Budgets: Zyro
- Best Website Builder For Ecomemrce: WooCommerce
Table of Contents
For website builder aficionados, Wix is an unsurprising pick for the best website builder for small business. It is an incredibly beginner-friendly website builder that offers complete creative control over what you’re trying to build. With optimal ease and customizability, Wix gives you pretty much all you need to begin making your website immediately.
Besides being an awesome website builder, Wix also allows you to open an online store, start your blog, and more. Regardless of the field you play in, Wix offers features that can help you achieve your objective. It might not be the cheapest option for sure, but given the multitude of features you get, Wix is definitely something you want to have in your corner as you venture into the internet world.
- Drag-And-Drop Builder: You can build your website from scratch without writing a single line of code on Wix.
- Multilingual Support: Looking to appeal to an international audience? Wix allows you to easily translate your website’s content to multiple languages.
- App Marketplace: Wix offers hundreds of free and paid apps that you can integrate into your website easily.
- Wix Ascend: An in-house marketing suite that includes live chat, Email, and other marketing tools.
- Social Media: Integrations with social media platforms allow you to easily connect your website and begin making sales on these services.
Wix breaks down its pricing for users looking to create simple websites or ecommerce platforms. If you’re looking to create a simple website, the plans available to you are:
- The Connect Domain plan, which costs $4.50 monthly
- The Combo plan, which costs $8.50 monthly
- The Unlimited plan, which costs 12.50 monthly
- The VIP plan, which costs $24.50 monthly
As for ecommerce-oriented users, the available plans include:
- The Business Basic plan, which costs $17 monthly
- The Business Unlimited plan, which costs $25 monthly
- The Business VIP plan, which costs $35 monthly
- The drag-and-drop builder makes it very easy to create your site
- Wix offers all the features you need to grow and scale
- Integrations with multiple apps, so you don’t need to stress over them
- Complete customizability over your template
- You can’t change your template once your website is up
- Advanced integrations might cost extra
If you’re looking to enjoy greater sophistication, then Squarespace is the option for you. A strong website builder for small business, Squarespace offers a great deal of benefits and features to businesses and creatives alike. You can get the hang of it rather quickly, and it offers a great deal of features to help you achieve your goals.
With Squarespace, you get an expansive option of website template designs. However, the platform doesn’t just value style over functionality – with a host of features available, you’ll find that running a website on Squarespace is just as rewarding as any other website builder on the market
- Domains: Your domain is the address that visitors use to find your website. Squarespace allows you to create a domain for your site – or import yours if you already have one.
- Marketing: Squarespace provides simple tools to boost your marketing efforts – from search engine optimization (SEO) to social media integrations and more.
- Security: All domains on Squarespace come with SSL certificates. The service also has built-in features to fight bugs and malware.
- Event Planning: If your business requires appointments, Squarespace allows your visitors to easily book meetings and appointments with its Squarespace Scheduling features.
- Extensions: While most of Squarespace’s features are available on the platform, the service also comes with an app store if you’d like to browse through more features to improve your site’s functionality.
With Squarespace, you get to enjoy access to four pricing plans. They are:
- The Personal plan, which costs$19 per month on monthly billing and $14 per month on annual billing
- The Business plan, which costs $33 monthly on the monthly billing and $23 monthly on annual billing
- The Basic Commerce plan, which costs $36 monthly on monthly billing and $27 monthly on annual billing
- The Advanced Commerce plan, which costs $65 monthly on monthly billing and $49 monthly on annual billing
- Impressive design templates
- Great marketing automation tools
- Helpful customer support if you need it
- Support for appointment-based businesses
- You can only customize based on your template’s limitations
- No autosave feature while building your site
Next on our list of the best business website builder is GoDaddy. Here, you have perhaps the fastest option you could use if you’re trying to build your website. It offers premium design assistance, ensuring that you simply need to enter your business details and it could make a website for you almost on its own.
Besides being easy to use, GoDaddy also scores top points for additional features that users get to enjoy. The website builder is highly adaptable, so you won’t need to spend so much time before you can create your website and get it up.
- App Support: GoDaddy offers access to over 125 quick-install apps. Whatever you need, it’s got it.
- Free Domain: If you don’t have a domain name yet, GoDaddy allows you to create one for free – note that you will need to pay when you’re renewing your subscription
- Server Hosting: Besides being one of the best business website builder options, GoDaddy also provides premium web hosting services.
- Data Centers: An extension of the service’s web hosting prowess, GoDaddy also allows you to access multiple data centers across the world.
- Mailing: GoDaddy also allows you to access Email and web mailing services to give your business a professional touch.
You can get access to four pricing tiers on GoDaddy. They are:
- The Basic plan, which costs $6.99 a month
- The Standard plan, which costs $10.49 a month
- The Premium plan, which costs $13.99 a month
- The Ecommerce plan, which costs $14.99 a month
- Comes with a free domain
- Quick, reliable servers
- Impressive site speed
- Great for modern-day businesses
- Not the best for building a personalized site
Weebly is a great example of being able to pack a punch despite being incredibly simple to use. For ecommerce businesses, the service is especially impressive. While it has a few limitations from a design and customization standpoint, Weebly is impressive nonetheless. It is also one of the most affordable premium website builder tools out there. So, if you’re just starting out your business, this is a great option you should consider.
- App Center: Like many other website builders, Weebly offers a full suite of both free and paid jobs that you can easily install with one click.
- SEO Tools: About 93.5% of web experiences begin with lookups on search engines. So, SEO is very important. Weebly offers several SEO tools to help you rank better on search engines.
- Weebly Promote: Weebly Promote is Weebly’s marketing suite. You get to enjoy access to social media, email marketing, and much more with the tool.
- Security: When you pay for your Weebly plan, your fee covers hosting services too. So, you don’t need to look for such services elsewhere.
- Hosting: With advanced cyber attack protection, Weebly protects you from DDoS attacks and other types of hacks.
Weebly offers different pricing tiers depending on the type of website you’re looking to build. If you’re building a regular website, you can pay the following:
- The Free plan, which costs $0
- The Connect plan, which costs $5 monthly
- The Pro plan, which costs $12 monthly
- The Business plan, which costs $25 monthly
As for those looking to build online stores, the available plans include:
- The Pro plan, which costs $12 monthly
- The Business plan, which costs $25 monthly
- The Business Plus lan, which costs $38 monthly
- Great value for money
- Helpful guides on marketing and SEO
- Templates for every type of website
- Limited drag-and-drop functionality
With Zyro, you get a simple and effective website builder that offers several templates ready for you to use. At the same time, it offers support for you if you’re looking to expand the functionality of your website. Considering that most websites tend to be multifaceted, Zyro’s developers have provided a simple and resilient platform for companies to quickly create their websites and carve a niche for themselves on the internet.
We especially love Zyro’s templates. Besides having an awesome user experience, these templates are also easy to edit. As the service is much newer than many of its counterparts, we think Zyro has a brighter future.
- Multichannel Selling: If you run an ecommerce store, Zyro allows you to sync it with multiple platforms – including Facebook Shop and Amazon.
- Multilingual Support: Easily make your website appeal to international audiences with Zyro’s multilingual features.
- AI Writer: Zyro allows you to use an artificial intelligence-enabled writer to develop SEO-friendly content.
- AI Logo Maker: You can also use the platform’s AI-enabled logo maker to design and build a swanky logo for your business.
- Security: All sites built on Zyro are embedded with SSL certificates. The platform’s ecommerce tools are also PCI DDS validated at Level 1.
With Zyro, you get to enjoy access to three pricing plans. They are:
- The Website plan, which costs $11.99 monthly
- The Business plan, which costs $14.99 monthly
- The Advanced Store plan, which costs $38.99 monthly
You also get a 30-day money-back guarantee on all plans.
- AI-assisted branding features
- Commission-free sales for ecommerce businesses
- Abundant templates with easy designs
- Zyro’s templates aren’t so customizable
- You can’t switch templates once you launch your site
If your business rests solely on selling items, then you’ll need a product that offers massive resilience and a robust feature set to launch it. All of these, and more, are what you get from WooCommerce. Built with the 21st-century ecommerce business in mind, WooCommerce offers pretty much everything you need to begin selling today – you can build your website from scratch, integrate payments, and even handle shipping and logistics from the comfort of your home.
- Support For All Products: Whether they’re digital, physical, or affiliate products, WooCommerce offers support for all product variations.
- Content Management: WooCommerce is built on WordPress, so it offers al th premium content management features you need.
- Plugins and Extensions: With WooCommerce, you get over 400 extensions – as well as thousands of plugins connected to WordPress.
- API Access: You also get access to WooCommerce’s REST API to manage and integrate pretty much everything.
- Product Sorting & Filtering: For an improved customer experience and an opportunity to bolster SEO, WooCommerce is a premium product.
WooCommerce is entirely free to use. Instead of charging for the entire suite, the product charges you based on what you’d like to use.
For instance, you could pay p to $120 annually for domain registration. You also pay 2.9% + $0.30 for WooCommerce Payments – the platform’s payment processing channel. Whatever you need, pay for it as you go!
- You pay for what you need alone
- Limitless customization options
- Impressive flexibility with your store
- WooCommerce is WordPress-specific
- It is also not so user-friendly
A self-styled easy-to-ue website builder, Jimdo is a great online platform that allows you to easily build your site without breaking a sweat. Like Squarespace and Wix, Jimdo allows you to work without any coding experience. If you’re starting out in business and would simply like to create a simple website, then this tool is quite ideal for you.
To be fair, Jimdo might not necessarily be the best option if you’re looking to expand your site based on functionality. However, it is a great entry-level product for you nonetheless.
- Domains: When you subscribe for any of Jimdo’s premium plans, you get a free custom domain for a year.
- Jimdo Dolphin: Dolphin is an Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI) service that builds a website for you based on a few questions you answer.
- Mobile Optimization: With most website visitors using mobile devices to surf the web today, Jimdo ensures that all of its websites are mobile-optimized and flexible.
- Personalized Support: For customers on the top pricing tier, Jimdo provides easy and ready support within hours of sending a request through.
- Social Marketing: Jimdo also lets you access its social marketing tools. This way, you get to promote your business on social media much more easily.
Like many of the business website builder options, Jimdo also allows you to enjoy different pricing tiers based on what you’re trying to build.
For ordinary websites, there are four pricing plans:
- The Play plan, which is entirely free
- The Start Plan, which costs $9 monthly
- The Grow plan, which costs $15 monthly
- The Unlimited plan, which costs $39 monthly
To build an online store, you can access the following pricing tiers:
- The Basic plan, which costs $15 monthly
- The Business plan, which costs $19 monthly
- The VIP plan, which costs $39 monthly
- Jimdo Dolphin takes the entire stress off your shoulders
- Easy, mobile-ready websites on the go
- Personalized support for premium subscribers
- The platform doesn’t have phone or live chat support
- Jimdo only works for basic websites
It is pretty much impossible to talk about the best website builder for small business without considering WordPress.com. It is arguably the most popular content management system in the world, and WordPress provides a great deal of benefits for companies looking to grow and expand their spheres of influence. Whether you’re looking to create a regular website or a sprawling store for your ecommerce items, WordPress allows you to display it all.
Many people believe that WordPress is the easiest business website builder to use. And with different plans available, the platform ensures that you have access to all the resources you need to match your budget.
- Social Media Integration: These days, you’re not meeting anyone if you’re not on social media. With WordPress, connecting your website to social media becomes a breeze.
- Advanced Analytics: WordPress has an in-built analytics feature that allows you to easily monitor your website’s performance.
- Domains: Whether it’s a basic or a custom domain, WordPress allows you to get them all from its platform.
- Backups: You can also backup and restore your website at any point if the process crashes or skips. Plus, your data is backed up always.
- Advanced SEO: WordPress takes care of about 80% of the SEO load. All themes are optimized to boost your rankings, so you simply need to focus on creating your site.
On WordPress.com, you get to enjoy two pricing tiers:
- The WordPress Starter plan, which costs $5 monthly
- The WordPress Pro plan, chich costs $15 monthly
- WordPress is especially great if you want to have a blogging section
- Impressive scalability and upscaling between plans
- Helpful resources and customer service section
- The backup & restore process makes WordPress a bit slow
The next option for anyone looking for the best website builder for small business is SITE123. This platform isn’t the most popular option out there, but it offers a beginner-friendly option as well as powerful speed for you to get set up in little to no time.
SITE123 makes it very easy for you to build your business website, regardless of whether you have coding experience or not. The platform also provides impressive support, so you get to contact its developers for help whenever you need it.
- Platform-Optimized Websites: With SITE123, you get to create websites that are optimized for multiple devices – whether it’s computers, phones, or tablets.
- App Market: As expected from one of the best business website builder options, you get a marketplace of apps on SITE123. These apps can easily be installed with a few clicks.
- Analytics: SITE123 offers easy integration with Google Analytics, so you can measure performance based on specific metrics.
- Backups & Restores: You can backup and restore your progress in case you get interrupted while creating your site.
- Domains: SITE123 allows you to choose from over 130 domain extensions. So, you can tailor your domain based on your business’s industry.
With SITE123, you get to enjoy access to just two pricing tiers. These are:
- The Free plan, which costs you nothing but is more limited in functionality
- The Premium plan, which costs you $5.80 monthly
- All websites work across multiple platforms
- A live chat feature is available
- Suitable for creating all types of websites, regardless of functionality
- Limited creativity and freedom
Sometimes, all you need is a website builder that offers a polished look. With that in mind, you might want to consider Duda. With Duda, you have a website builder that offers a simple drag-and-drop functionality as well as stylish templates. You get access to almost 100 templates to choose from, all of which cover different industries and business types.
Duda was initially built for designers looking to create multiple websites. Even better, the product helps you to build scalable web apps – another feature that you’ll need if you’re serious about business growth.
- Drag-And-Drop Builder: With Duda, you can easily build a website without the need for any coding skills whatsoever. Get started and done in minutes!
- Widgets: The product also allows you to easily create custom widgets that provide a more personalized experience for your visitors.
- Engagement Tools: With Duda, you can trigger banners, pop-ups, special messages, promotions, and more to create a more tailored experience.
- Sales Tools: For companies looking to sell online, Duda also offers several custom sales tools. These include over 30 payment options, coupon codes, product categories, and more.
- SEO: Duda has one of the most expensive SEO functionalities available. Its templates are optimized and responsive, and yo can even access Google PageSpeed optimization and more straight from the platform.
With Duda, the available pricing tiers include:
- The Basic plan, which costs $19 per month on monthly billing and $14 monthly on annual billing
- The Team plan, which costs $29 per month on monthly billing and $22 monthly on annual billing
- The Agency plan, which costs $59 per month on monthly billing and $33 monthly on annual billing
- The Custom plan, which offers the highest feature set. Here, you’d need to get in touch with Duda to get a price quote.
- Add and build apps and widgets with the product
- Great level of creative control
- Impressive personalization for website visitors
- For advanced website features, Duda can be a bit clunky
Last, but definitely not the least, is Strikingly. Sometimes, all you need for your business is a simple, one-pager website that explains what you’re about and what you offer potential customers. This is not the most complex thing to do, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it can’t be done to perfection. With Strikingly, you have everything you need to get this done.
You might find the one-pager site a little too limiting if you have grand plans for your business, and that’s understandable. However, everyone has to start from somewhere. And Strikingly ensures that our starting point is an excellent one.
- Social Media Integration: Strikingly offers a social feed section where you can link your social media accounts. So, customers and visitors can easily follow you for updates.
- Analytics: You get an analytics tool that helps you to measure your site’s traffic and performance. You can also connect Strikingly to Google Analytics.
- Backups & Restores: Strikingly automatically saves your progress when you’re creating or editing your site. This is definitely very useful.
- Domains: You can buy a domain on any of Strikingly’s plans. And, you can set the domain to operate for up to a decade.
- Blog: Share updates and more intimate details with your fans using Strikingly’s blogging tool.
With Strikingly, you get access to four pricing tiers. These are
- The Free plan, which costs you nothing but is very limited in functionality
- The Limited plan, which costs $12 per month on monthly billing and $8 monthly on annual billing
- The Pro plan, which costs $20 per month on monthly billing and $16 monthly on annual billing
- The VIP plan, which costs $59 per month on monthly billing and $49 monthly on annual billing
Note that you can also pay for 2,3, and 5-year packages with Strikingly to enjoy even more price discounts.
- Impressive customer support
- Easy to reformat templates
- Strong analytics functionalities
- Only suitable for basic, simple websites
Owning a website is more than a luxury at this point if you’re running a business – it’s a necessity. You want to provide a simple place for people to come and learn more about what you do or even order your product.
Businesses use websites for different things – engagement, information, contacts, or sales. And regardless of what your purpose is, having a website undoubtedly helps with it. Above, we’ve outlined some of the best website builder options for you to use as you look to conquer the business landscape.
This depends on the scale and complexity of the online store. For a relatively small business, WooCommerce is the best online store, but for some level of complexity and scale, you might want to consider Shopify or big commerce.
Absolutely! WIX is one of the best website builders for small businesses. Packed with lovely and easy-to-use themes, WIX is a force to reckon with in the website builder circle.
Absolutely! Having a website is worth every penny and effort spent on developing it for a small business. Research has it that 36% of all businesses are now making their sales online, this makes it quite easier to perform other business activities such as accounting, tracking inventory, shipping, and many more.
Yes! Squarespace is not just good but a great website builder. With lots of awesome features and fantastic template designs to ease your website design process, Squarespace is one of the website builders out there.
Yes! WordPress is a great website builder for small businesses. Being the largest content management system, WordPress is an ideal website builder that delivers.